Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Another day, another...day

Wouldn't it be wonderful if I could say it was another day, another wonderful, hope filled magical day full of joy and ponies and puppies?  Wouldn't that be great if any of us could say that?  But alas...today was not another wonderful, hope filled magical day and there was certainly little joy, no ponies and no puppies.

Let me break it down for you.  The baby in the office.  So there is this chick who popped out a spawnling nearly a year ago.  She can't arrange appropriate child care, so she brings her baby to the office.  I will willingly admit that he is a charming child - certainly not one to scream for hours on end.  But the entire staff loses their collective minds every week when the BAYBEE!!! is in.  Do you know what that is like for a woman who is struggling to have a child?  To be reminded on a weekly basis that the BAYBEE is here and "why don't you come and visit the BAYBEE!!!???"  It's like going to a family "July Fourth" weekend bash and having to see every one of your cousin's delightful little children.  You know what that's like - you want to be happy but secretly you just want to curl up and cry?  Except for me that reality comes every. fucking. week.

And I don't even get a slice of red, white, and blue cake at the end.

He's learning to walk.  You know, the BAYBEE!! is learning to walk.  So today he toddled his lovely little way over and smiled and cooed outside of my office while all the staff puppy piled outside the door. "Oh Laura," quoth one, "why don't you have a BAYBEE!!??"  And I'm all, "Gee, let me stab you in the head and get back to you on that one."

I got home and picked a fight with my husband because I was so frustrated and angry.  Now I am home alone listening to fuckers next store blast dubstep.  Another day, another fucking day.

No comments:

Post a Comment